Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Been a while since I've been on this forum... well it's that time again to try and get my OBW in a decent shape... I really need to replace the interior, decided I'd start with seats. Not sure that I can find a junked car around here--Indianapolis area--so was wondering if I could take seats out of some other car. Anyone know if Camry or Accord seats can be bolted onto the 98 OBW? Any other cars that would do?

Or if there is a junk yard worth checking out around Indianapolis?

Thanks in advance for all the advice.

check ebay, sometimes shipping isn't that bad unless you're trying to do this dirt cheap. i bought a set of heated leather LL Beam seats off ebay, actually it was the complete interior. can't recall price but it was reasonable enough that i bought it and showing up in my parking lot was nicer than going to find it all.

in general retrofitting other seats will require fabricating to attach your seat rails to the new seat. not hard, but not what most folks are after either.

Kwhisles,

I live in Indy, and find good parts at Happy Wrecking Yard on Tibbs Avenue on the south side of Indy. All Subarus there are kept at the farthest (north) end of the yard. It has been a while since I have been there, at that time there were about 8 Subies there.

Sometimes, G W Pierce wrecking yard on highway 31 north of Indy has Subies. They sell both domestic and foreign parts. Both Happy's and GW will let you walk their yards.

The Pick a Part (off 16th Street), and Pull a Part (off I-70) yards in Indy are very much hit and miss on Subarus in their yards.

There are a few other yards around, but don't let you walk their yards, but maybe worth a phone call to ask what they have.

Good luck, Larry (Rooster2)

Thanks Larry, that's good to know. I got a few free days coming up, will check these out.

Ebay is too pricey and shipping itself is more than what I think I'd pay at a local yard. Would be awesome if I'd find an LL Bean one... my interior really needs a complete redo. The previous owner really did a trick on this one, even managed to wear-tear a hole in the carpet under gas pedal, like where the heel of the foot goes!

Thanks Fairtax, good to know!

And I just looked up Pull a Part online, and apparently they have their inventory online, so I don't have to go search though the yard. No recent subies there though, but good to know I don't have to make a trip there.