Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm running an EJ22 in a kit car. Stock ECU setup using the standard wiring harness simplified for my application running well. I'm trying to clean up a few lose ends and currently I have error code 12 which is starter switch or circuit. Does anyone know what this circuit is or what signal it’s looking for?

I know there is someone here with a copy of the FSM for 92 posted online for people to download. Can't remember their username though. If you do a search you should be able to find it.

Starter switch is usually the ignition switch (the one you put the key in).

Is there something wrong with the car? Does it start and run OK besides having the CEL on?

It is most likely refering to the start signal for the ECU - the stock Subaru ignition switch will pass current to a specific ECU pin while the engine is cranking only. This tells the ECU that you are trying to start the engine and it changes some of the injection and ignition parameters - if it doesn't see that signal it will throw the code 12. That's my guess anyway - having done some EJ swap work and other fuel injection conversions.

GD