Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loose ends... Almost there

Starting to get really close to finishing up however theres still a couple things that I'm not sure about. I got it started today :banana: but the water pump started puking so I had to put a new gasket on that...

Anyway here's my questions:

I don't remember disconnecting this... Do I need to connect it? That's the fuel filter and master cylinder in the background.

DSCN3173.jpg

I also dont remember disconnecting the cylidrical electrical connector underneath and behind the airbox... What goes to that?

DSCN3172.jpg

I did get the lower oil sensor thing connected but I'm not sure where the wire is to connect the upper oil sensor... any idea?

DSCN3170.jpg

This connector is off the end of the main harness and is the same style as the fuel injector connectors but about a foot longer.. what's that go to?

DSCN3169.jpg

What does the other end of this vacuum hose connect to? Right now its hooked up to a lot of stuff.. IAC, Air intake, Carcoal canister, intake manifold etc...

DSCN3168.jpg

That's it for now, you guys have been a huge help getting me along this far so thanks!!

The first connector is for the dealership diagnostic station. It is unused.

The second appears to also be unused. That is a water-tight o-ring sealed connection. Did you notice all the dirt inside the connector - it's clearly visible in your picture. That means it wasn't connected to anything. :)

Third - obviously at some point the oil pump or sensors or something was swapped around because you have both the pressure transducer and the idiot lamp switch installed - one of which you won't be useing depending on if you have a pressure gauge or just an idiot light. The big bolbouse one is for the guage style dash. The small one is for the idiot light dash.

The sensor connector.... no clue. I hate EA82T's with a passion that almost exceeds my love of the EA81. They are not allowed in my driveway nor do I willingly cast my eyes under their hood's. Someone around here will know :rolleyes:

The vacuum line could go to a number of things - the white vacuum accumulator on the firewall, etc. The HVAC controls need a vacuum supply to control the damper doors, etc.

GD