Ultimate Subaru Message Board

They should have the aluminum plate, but that doesn't mean it can't start leaking. There's a reason they changed the design... again. Not sure exactly what it is though.

I'd at least remove it and reseal it for good measure if you have the engine out. Use Ultra Grey or Anaerobic gasket maker.

Ahh I see mine is plastic on the 95 and leaking I picked up a plate from the dealer months ago, going to do the clutch and everything in one shot.. seems like it was ok to replace the clutch but not the TOB at the same time.

seems like it was ok to replace the clutch but not the TOB at the same time.
boo for that. replace the TOB, pilot bearing, and both clutch clips with every clutch job. the clips are the same across tons of models so usually they have them in stock.

boo for that. replace the TOB, pilot bearing, and both clutch clips with every clutch job. the clips are the same across tons of models so usually they have them in stock.

I wont complain too much I got the car for $400 with 195K on it besides pulling the motor lets me get to the other goodies that need to be replaced.