Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I don't know how many of you have seen this. But this kid is from Vancouver, and is a regular at Evergreen Speedway in Monroe, WA.

It has an EJ22 with a WRX td04 turbo. Also, it has a welded center diff with the front axles removed, making it rwd.

These are not my pictures, I did not take them.

65291i.jpg

107rxid.jpg

w0qg77.jpg

2i9pb9.jpg

sooo.... he's got 225+hp going straight to the rear diff? ...I hope he has a shelf of salvaged diffs.

I think it actually holds the power, I don't think he breaks many of them. It's probably an STI or WRX diff.

I don't get why people do this? Why deal with the hassle of having to remove the front diff when you can just buy a car already RWD?

Actually, all he did to make is rwd was to simply remove the front axles (as it says at the top). But why he chose it is like anything, why lift a Subaru when you could buy a straight axle truck with much more potential, or why build a fast car when you could buy one that is already fast? It's unique, and if you like lifted Subaru's, than you should understand that.

I don't get why people do this? Why deal with the hassle of having to remove the front diff when you can just buy a car already RWD?

different strokes for different folks.

my son is dating a girl whose father does not believe in buying used cars, only new. that's not me, but if nobody bought new, who would we buy used cars from???

Definately a different car, dont think you will find many of them around with the exception of team orange...I dont know, the AWD standard was the reason I got turned on to Subarus in the first place...:grin:

It's what makes a Subaru, a Subaru