Ultimate Subaru Message Board

We just put the engine back together after rebuilding heads. The injectors are leaking badly from the top where it meets the rail.

It still has the old seal, that were not leaking before. The rails are bolted down but it seems like there is not a good seal at the top of each injector.

Seems like I am missing something here. They are just dripping fast and engine would not start.

It is a 2000 impreza 2.2

• 2 weeks later...

You might need to replace the o-rings then. Also you might need to make sure you reinstalled them properly. Sometimes they kind of go in a certain way and then twist in to lock. The turbos are a little different from the n/a's also in case you have a turbo.

I would go with genuine Subaru o-rings for that, and I only say that because I removed some injectors once to have them rebuilt, and they came back supplied with new o-rings. I had already bought new o-rings from Subaru. On a couple of the injectors I used the provided o-rings, and those leaked. The ones I used the Subaru o-rings on did not leak. Comparing the o-rings they looked to be identical in size.