Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rear sprayer sprays when accelearting

I have a 90 Nissan 300ZX that would do the same thing when I first got it. A little checking on the internet found that the small, one way check valves in the fluid lines right before the spray nozzles were sticking open.

Its possible that your Outback has the same problem, and either the valve needs repair/cleaning, or needs to have one installed. I can't recall if it was on this forum or not, but somewhere someone suggested that they could be purchased through auto parts stores and are fairly common. Good Luck!

I know this isn't an answer, but I can't help it.

I used to have an old Volvo 740 GLE wagon, and those cars are notorious for their electrical gremlins. Sometimes, when I'd go to hit the horn, the rear windshield wiper would start going. It was like a dog wagging its tail. And it only did it at the most inopportune times, too.

Anyway, if you figure this out, I'd love to know, because my 95 Outback's nozzle just flat out doesn't work. Everything is connected, but I can't figure out the problem.

I know this isn't an answer, but I can't help it.

I used to have an old Volvo 740 GLE wagon, and those cars are notorious for their electrical gremlins. Sometimes, when I'd go to hit the horn, the rear windshield wiper would start going. It was like a dog wagging its tail. And it only did it at the most inopportune times, too.

Anyway, if you figure this out, I'd love to know, because my 95 Outback's nozzle just flat out doesn't work. Everything is connected, but I can't figure out the problem.

I am thinking your pump is bad, if not pumping. Pull the output line at the pump, then have a friend operate the switch, and you watch for water output from the pulled line. If nothing happens, then your pump is bad. Also, may want to look at the fuse, it is possible that the fuse is blown.

I am thinking your pump is bad, if not pumping. Pull the output line at the pump, then have a friend operate the switch, and you watch for water output from the pulled line. If nothing happens, then your pump is bad. Also, may want to look at the fuse, it is possible that the fuse is blown.

It pumps the fluid to the windshield with no problem, and I can hear it pumping (or trying) to the back window, but nothing comes out. All the fuses are fine, too. I think I just have a clog somewhere.

It pumps the fluid to the windshield with no problem, and I can hear it pumping (or trying) to the back window, but nothing comes out. All the fuses are fine, too. I think I just have a clog somewhere.

you may have a break, the tubing goes up the driver side post, across the top and into the hatch. look for wetness behind the tail light bulb access on the driver side, or below the jack storage.

use a safety pin to clear the nozzle and aim it.