Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Replacement condenser (this can't be right)

Yeah that's shipping damage. File a claim with the carrier who delivered it, they should give you a refund.

And how long does it take for a refund from FedEx? by the time I got the refund I could buy 100 condensers 10X over? I'm pissed off I had to wait an extra day and I still have no damn AC.

I guess you could try flattening out the twisted condenser, and hope it doesn't leak. It was prolly damaged in shipping. Ask Rockauto or shipper how to request a damage claim.

well that helped.. I noticed the rubber plug on one side fell out :mad: the other side had a bolt and a metal plate on it.

And looking at the expansion valve I don't think this one is right.. from searching and looking at pictures I should have another part that screws onto the evaporator pipe right?

IMG_5916.jpg

ugh what a crazy day

well that helped.. I noticed the rubber plug on one side fell out :mad: the other side had a bolt and a metal plate on it.

And looking at the expansion valve I don't think this one is right.. from searching and looking at pictures I should have another part that screws onto the evaporator pipe right?

IMG_5916.jpg

ugh what a crazy day

Looks like the same incorrect expansion valve I got when I was working on mine. IIRC there is supposed to be another copper tube that isn't on that one. I tried and couldn't ever seem to fine the correct one. Perhaps a dealer would have it.

I wouldn't even mess with the condenser, file the claim and they should have you refunded in a few days. Fedex isn't like lost baggage dept. at the airport. They actually do do things in a timely manner. :rolleyes:

I am constantly reminded of why I stopped using Fedex for shipping large items.

Looks like the same incorrect expansion valve I got when I was working on mine. IIRC there is supposed to be another copper tube that isn't on that one. I tried and couldn't ever seem to fine the correct one. Perhaps a dealer would have it.

I wouldn't even mess with the condenser, file the claim and they should have you refunded in a few days. Fedex isn't like lost baggage dept. at the airport. They actually do do things in a timely manner. :rolleyes:

I am constantly reminded of why I stopped using Fedex for shipping large items.

I wonder how much the dealer charges for this? I don't think I saw it listed on subaruparts.com to get an ballpark idea.. if they want $40 they can forget about it!

correct part should look like this if it works.

http://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts/WC/394-01052289.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ff&utm_term=1990-1999+Subaru+Legacy+A%2FC+Expansion+Valve+Four+Seasons+90-99+Subaru+A%2FC+Expansion+Valve&utm_content=YN&utm_campaign=PartsGeek+Google+Base

wow subaruparts says MSRP is $64.75

Edited by 1-3-2-4

Part number looks like... 73067AA040 or 73067AA041

1ssubaruparts lists it for $46.

Chances are yours is fine though. Mine has been doing great. Did you get a new drier to put in while you're doing all this AC work?

I've had the new drier sitting in the box since November of last year.

And what do you mean chances mine is find? What the expansion valve?

Going to stick a note in the return of the expansion valve to let them know it does not fit a 1995 Legacy

Edited by 1-3-2-4