Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sut

Uberoo

So I decided to convert my EA81 wagon wheeler toy into an SUT.Or 4 door trucklet,what ever you wanna call it,etc...Right now its not done.I still have to weld in some cover pieces in the area's where there are gapping holes in the sheet metal like where the D pillar was.Then im going to weld in some pieces to where the window should be to give a bit more of a finished look.Some people will hate it some will like it.I know removing weight from back there helps abit offroad.Anyway,here are some pics of its current state.Eventually I will put in an intergrated roll bar at the back of the "cab" as well as some sheet metal for some lexan to sit.

DSCF0244.jpg

DSCF0245.jpg

DSCF0246.jpg

Edited by Uberoo

Id like to put in a tailgate but I am not sure how to set it up to function right.Right now the lower edge of that panel is sitting on the bumper(its how it sat before I played with it) so it would need a fair bit of work to get right but its definably do-able.

Uberoo, how about a side hinged/ swing gate? Are you going to put a rear window and wall against the back of the cab or keep it open? Really considering this for my EA82 as my 81 is too clean. Definitely needs a bar in the rear to tie the strength back in I would think (but would look really cool regardless).

Uberoo, how about a side hinged/ swing gate? Are you going to put a rear window and wall against the back of the cab or keep it open? Really considering this for my EA82 as my 81 is too clean. Definitely needs a bar in the rear to tie the strength back in I would think (but would look really cool regardless).

Yea Im planning on putting a window in there.Although there isn't much hurry.Just as long as I put a window in before it starts getting cold... haha