Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'97 Legacy L - dies on right hand turns !?

Weird problem - EJ22 AWD Automatic, 147k. When accelerating around right hand turns (from a stop light or around an on-ramp, etc) it wants to die - like it's losing fuel. I've had the tank near empty and also over half full.

No codes - just dies like it isn't getting any fuel then either picks up on it's own or will restart within a few seconds at most. I need to hookup a pressure tester and try to get a reading while it's doing this, but it's hard since you have to be driving for it to occur.

Anyone seen this before? Do these have a saddle pump and is that somthing I should be checking for proper operation?

GD

My 97 Legacy Outback was doing this.. it was driving me nuts.. I finally dug into the tank/fuel pump.. The fuel pump had become dislodged from it's bracket and was "floating" in the fuel.. Right hand corner would make the fuel level dip below the fuel pick up and it would suck air for a second.. then run normal again.. Hope that's your problem because it's an easy fix!