Ultimate Subaru Message Board

diagram for carb rebuild

Bookmarked.. and thank you. Turbone has a few fsm in his office but I think a digital copy may come in handy.

Glad I could be of some use here. LOL. Being a new guy with limited mechanical skills I sometimes feel like a fish trying to ride a bicycle. hehehe. But I'm learning and loving it.

The one thing to watch is not to lose the accelerator pump check-ball when you open up the carb. It's in the accelerator pump plunger well under the spring. It's a 1/8" plastic guy. Most rebuild kits come with a replacement but just watch that you don't lose the thing and note where it goes and the orientation of the spring, etc.

I highly reccomend buying one of the 1 gallon carb cleaner dip buckets from the auto-parts store. They are like $15 or $20 and the peices of the carb (minus plastic and rubber parts) can be dipped in there for proper cleaning. Otherwise it's hard to properly clean all the small passages, etc.

GD