Ultimate Subaru Message Board

JDM wheels

Hey has anyone installed JDM style wheels on their Loyale? Ive been looking at a lot of Toyotas and Nissans on the Japanese Nostalgia site, http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10391

and I like the looks of the lowered cars with the JDM style wheels and I think the Loyale might actually look pretty good with that similar setup. Has anyone done this?

No, because our bolt pattern (4x140mm) is totally different than Nissan, Toyota and the others.

You can find some Enkie's that look like the JDM's in our pattern, but they are hard to find.

Edited by Turbone

I'm kinda interested in the same thing. I'd like to find out I can get my hubs redrilled to 4x114.3

No Its too small you will almost be hitting the rotor or will be hitting it if you are going to redrill the hubs go chevy 6 lug any 6 lug truck wheel will fit then or you can find a xt6 and change every thing over to 5 lug but it costs alot more and if you have deep pockets think there is a 5 lug con. that can be bought right here on the board.

I am in the same boat, I really like the wheel choices with a 4x114.3, I personally don't want to put big 6 lug wheels or pug wheels on my wagon, but if I was to lift it they would be my first choice.

might have to dig up a scrap hub and see if I can drill up that bolt pattern and make it work. I think the problem is having a flat spot for the stud to mate up to, noting an endmill and bridgeport couldn't take care of.:brow:

I'm running hub's redrilled to 4x100 on my GL10, it works fine. The center hole on the wheels I run is pretty small so the tangs in the center of the hub that normally locates the 4x140 factory wheels is machined off.

I'm running hub's redrilled to 4x100 on my GL10, it works fine. The center hole on the wheels I run is pretty small so the tangs in the center of the hub that normally locates the 4x140 factory wheels is machined off.

If my car was 4x100, I could run so many of my cool wheels.

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine from there with some help:

powdercoated3.jpg

outsideset5.jpg

The cost of buying them, shipping them, repairing them and powdercoating them (none of which I did myself in terms of the work) cost less than buying a NEW set of alloy wheels.

The SSR's that show up there occasionally are pretty nice too. But really there aren't many 4x140 alloys that are bigger than 13" period.

I have saved photos of every kind of 4x140 wheel that has popped up on there if anyone wants to see what exists over there.

Edited by Kostamojen