Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone have pictures of lifted Outbacks?

Phizinza

1997 Legacy Outback 210K miles and still running hard.

2" Scorpion spring lift, KYB GR-2 struts, Whiteline Swaybar End Links.

215-65-16 Goodyear Assurance Triple Treads or 205-75-15 AT's.

Borla Header, Stromung performance single cat pipe, stock cat-back.

Home made cold air intake.

It handles much better than stock. The ride is a little stiffer, but not uncomfortably so. I lost maybe 1 - 1.5 MPG, still get 19-20 city and 26-28 highway. I have another 97 OBW (199K) that is bone stock and it just seems much tamer by comparison.

Here are more pics for ya.

stock (mine)

SubieOutback007.jpg

Forester struts (not mine)

LOBForresterlift.jpg

Scorpion Springs (again not mine:()

LOBscorpionsprings2inchlift.jpg

AA Lift

LOBAALifted.jpg

Unfortunately photobucket will not let me upload any more pics as I have one of a 6 inch lifted Outback as well. I'm looking at going with King Springs lift with a 3 inch body as well at some point in the future.

Edited by newsoobdude

Thanks for the replies so far.

I've been thinking about it for a bit now, and I think I prefer the look of only the 40mm suspension lifts. The 2" body lift with suspension lift makes the wheel arches look a little odd IMO. Anymore and the more odd it looks.

I won't be doing anything serious in my Outback. It's mainly just a tourer/camper car. I'm setting the back up with a bed and drawers etc. I think I'll just go slightly bigger tyres for now and then if I want some more clearance for the sand I'll lift the suspension a little.

My '99 Outback is lifted with just strut top blocks.

1.5" in the front 2" in the rear(I like a raked back look).

Turned out great and it was relatively cheap.

I'm getting ready to add another 1/2' worth of spacers all around to see how that works out.

PB070009.jpg

Daredevil1166, what size tire and what brand? Also, any more pics?

Those are General Grabber AT/2's. But, for the record, I don't have them anymore and I would never buy them again.

Pics of the car? Or the tires?

Either way you can check HERE and see if you can find what you want.

Edited by daredevil1166

Ive heard plenty of good things about those tires but not many bad, care to explain?

-Andy

I'm lazy... so I'll copy/paste what I wrote on another thread....

I've had the General Grabber AT/2's.

They were great for traction but not tough at all. Super soft rubber that chunks out easily. At 10k they were 3/4 through treadwear life as well. The Pirelli all seasons that came with my car were tougher than the grabbers.

I have Geolandar AT/S's now. Traction isn't as good, but they're a much much tougher tire. I've only put about half as many miles on the Geo's as I did the Grabbers but, the treadwear seems much better too.

I have been on a few trails with the Geo's that I know would have just shredded the Grabbers.