Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I am having a shop repair the rear gate window on my 08 OB wagon after a limb struck the glass in a freak tornado here in CT last week. Is there an easy way to insure they get all the glass out of the tailgate and around the wiper assembly in the event they aren't that savvy?

The only way is to really do it yourself, and even then you may not get it all. By the nature of the glass, it is made to break into a million tiny peices. There are many places for glass to hide. Wht you cant see today you may see tomorrow.

It is only glass and a car, it could have been worse. As long as the glass doesnt rattle I would live with it (and have).

+1 nipper

Some Dipstick broke into my jeep 2 or so years ago and I'm still finding glass in random places.

best bet is to clean the crap out of the car, remove trim pieces if you have to, under the seat, Up under the front seats (yes, it can go that far, and clean under the little plastic trims pieces too!), front dash compartments etc.

the guy broke my passenger front window and i found glass all the way into the back of the car!

-Justin

Yeah as long as it doesn't rattle or more important get in the way of the latch assembly I guess I'm OK. A freak occurrence here in CT, but you guys who get these tornado visits on a regular basis should... MOVE! :eek:

Is there an easy way to open the access panel to the rear tailgate without doing too much damage?

Edited by brus brother

Heard about the Tornado up there. The same day we had the next best (or worst) thing here, a whole slew of microbursts. Nobody was seriously injured somehow, even though the worst hit area was right around a very popular outdoor shopping center. But about 200 or so vehicles were damaged pretty bad from trees or limbs falling on them.

The glass, it's there to stay. Like nipper and crazyman said, you'll still be finding it in two years in odd places unless you tear the whole thing apart and vacuum like crazy.