Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Odd Coil Spring Pricing at Dealership

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this for me:

These pics are off of the Lithia Subaru parts website. All are for front coil springs for a Brat. I can see different prices in '84 for turbo/nonturbo springs, but I don't know why they're so different between the years. Any ideas? Are they actually different aside from the turbo/non?

Here's '84 Brat:

84.JPG

'85 Brat:

85.JPG

'86 Brat:

86.JPG

Thanks.

Jacob

P.S. Anyone following that Russian spy story? I'd like to either understand the spring difference, or understand WTF Russia was thinking (assuming these people are actual spies) today.

Im seeing the price differences but i have no idea why. I can see that with AC the price is higher but there really was not that much of a weight difference between having AC and not having it so idk why the spring would be different. The only difference would be between turbo and non-turbo being that turbo springs had about one more coil and were a bit stiffer than non-turbo. Otherwise all 4wd EA81 front springs should be identical and work for your app.

Im seeing the price differences but i have no idea why. I can see that with AC the price is higher but there really was not that much of a weight difference between having AC and not having it so idk why the spring would be different. The only difference would be between turbo and non-turbo being that turbo springs had about one more coil and were a bit stiffer than non-turbo. Otherwise all 4wd EA81 front springs should be identical and work for your app.

I was thinking maybe the parts database assumes all turbos had AC and all non-turbos came without AC. I don't think that's the case, though, since my non-turbo has that sticker on the dash saying it's ready for AC.

Jacob

yea all EA81s were built with the underdash ac unit ready to accept ac from the engine side so that if the dealership wanted to add it for a customer they could...which means that springs would NOT be different. Im very confused by the difference in pricing as well.