Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey Remember my 83 Coupe?

Yup Still alive.. ( sorry to disappoint y'all) . Yesterday my dear love like a brother friend stopped over. He is probably the most talented mechanic I know...( here visiting from Cali till the 10th) . We were working on stripping down my Isuzu Amigo to swap parts into his. Anyway... he has never heard my coupe run since the new motor was put into it...Oh yea..I still have my coupe..in the garage covered in cobwebs...hoping to someday actually find a rear bumper so it can go to the body shop.

L.B. fired right up first try and settled into a lovely purrr. ( He did blow some oil smoke though upon start up) I was told that I have the quietest running EA81 that my friend ever heard...and he has owned a multitude of them. I gave props to those who did my motor and Weber. He then told me that I really need to get that car on the road. Its even super rare out in Cali. He also has been looking for months for a rear bumper for me with no luck.

So.. Just wanted to let y'all know that the coupe is still alive and well..in the garage safe from rain/snow/ and sun-baking.

Kyle!! your a friend of mine on FB LOL.. you should know I have been busy with my Transformers Convention and my collector clubs... Since I am an administrator for a couple..they have been keeping me busy.

Well I talked to the guy doing my paintwork on my couple the other day... I was having an estimate done on my Impreza where someone hit it...grrrrrrrrr. And I got the bug to get the coupe going. ( My Imppy will go in next week hopefully to be fixed...and I am thinking on having a custom paint job put on it too )

Hi Connie !

Jibs, if you knew they were there then why didn't you .... ???? :confused:

Come on man , somebody score a rear bumper for the LB !

Meanwhile, I'm glad that special guy came back for you. Party, we want the party back !! :lol::banana:

Is he moving back or what? Tell him I said hi. Talk to you soon

In talks with someone right now about a rear bumper...may need to find the black trim strips ..but I believe that will be easier.

Paulyburger!! Our friend isnt sure if he is moving back or not..but for personal reasons he will be visiting much more often. I need to call you soon..need the scoop on what you are hearing on your end of Igorland

It will look like this with or without bumper uprights (guards). It needs to be from a coupe or a sedan only. I havent looked at any parts interchange books but thats what connie said so ill stick with that and believe it :)

So coupe....

IMG_1540.jpg?t=1278472070

And sedan

IMG_0928.jpg?t=1278472282

Yes they are two different cars lol and both are owned by me at the moment. Long story from another thread for those that dont know.

Steve is correct.. the bumper can only come from a coupe or sedan..due to the mounting ( I have to double check if its FWD specific also..drawing a blank right now)

Prefer with uprights but right now I will settle for a good one... this is mine and dont let pic fool you.. the underside was rotted away

I dont need the end caps or the mounting struts.. I have restored the ones I have... just need the beam.

Carlisle2008015.jpg

Edited by Bucky92

Steve is correct.. the bumper can only come from a coupe or sedan..due to the mounting ( I have to double check if its FWD specific also..drawing a blank right now)

4wd's are a different style bumper and a different style mount as well so it is 2wd specific.