Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Navigation disc warranty

I just bought a 2010 Outback Limited. Does anyone know if I should replace the Navigation Disc each time there is an update and is that covered under the 3yr 36k warranty? I currently have the 2.2 version and the 3.0 version is available for $245, wow, expensive.

Welcome to the USMB.

I have my doubts the nav discs would be covered under warranty, but you could give it a try.

As for upgrading, I would see if there's any specific updates/fixes for the new version, or if it's just updated road data/maps.

Warranty won't do anything for you. Map data is constantly changing so there is no way to warrant it's accuracy. You pay for the disc with the knowledge that it may no longer be accurate, even at the time of it's release. It's all in the fine print.

I'm sure you'll find that a buying new disc once a year, rather than every 2 or 3 months when they release a new version, will suffice. If there are new roads in your area, chances are you'll know where they go. New roads in another area won't be included on the disc you may have, so Nav directions will take you on the old roads.

In the event the old road is no longer present, because a new road was built over it... I think you can figure it out. :rolleyes: It may be inconvenient, but is it really worth $1000+ per year to have the latest version of the data?