Ultimate Subaru Message Board

pug lug alternatives

I didnt want to bury this in the official thread, but im curious if any of you guys have had success in sourcing alternative lug nuts and or adapters, found vw uses 60 degree adapter, and there are several 60 degree lugs out there...im trying to use a set of 505 pug turbo alloys and want to avoid rust and or plating color issues..

thanks

The adapters do work as they were on my wagon for a while before I bought a set of the replica pug lugs on here (which are really nice btw). I can't speak for how safe they are though.

Are you having rust issues with them? or did you order plated?..if so what color are they?

thanks

Edited by T'subaru

The replicas don't come plated. Ya, they rust but so does the rest of my car:grin: Seriously though, I'm just going to wait for a little more surface rust to develop and coat them with some POR-15 or something.

:lol: Im 'bout 1500 feet from the ocean here...currently driving a near transparent toyota pick up while working on my subi:lol:

Being that you have need of "protective coatings" where you live - have you tried talking to any local plating companies about doing a run of zinc for you? Usually it's really reasonable - I got a whole engine cross-member done for $50 - I threw it in with some other small parts and a friend and I split the cost down the middle. The whole run was about $100 for everything. That's assuming you deliver it to them already sand-blasted, prepped, etc. But it's a lot more durrable than paint.

As for the lug-nuts - what is different about them that you can't just source them from any old tire shop? A picture would help me.

I have a lathe and I'm not afraid to use it...... :)

GD

Being that you have need of "protective coatings" where you live - have you tried talking to any local plating companies about doing a run of zinc for you? Usually it's really reasonable - I got a whole engine cross-member done for $50 - I threw it in with some other small parts and a friend and I split the cost down the middle. The whole run was about $100 for everything. That's assuming you deliver it to them already sand-blasted, prepped, etc. But it's a lot more durrable than paint.

As for the lug-nuts - what is different about them that you can't just source them from any old tire shop? A picture would help me.

I have a lathe and I'm not afraid to use it...... :)

GD

I'll drop by with a sample GD:)

Edited by T'subaru

• 2 weeks later...