Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where to get select monitor software?

Besides the dealer I mean. Has anybody seen or know of people selling old copies of Subaru select monitor software discs?

I made a fascinating discovery at work today at work as I was bored and needed something to do. I started cleaning up some of the random papers stacked all over one of the work benches in the rear part of the shop. Under one stack that had dates all the way back to 2007, I found a black plastic carry case that said Saab Diagnostic Monitor. Inside is one of these babys: http://www.cardiag.com/subaru-select-monitor-iii/ and a software CD labeled MY 2006 Saab 9-2X. Which some of you may know is just an Impreza Wagon with different bumpers and lights. :banana: We have a Select Monitor in the shop and it's never even been used. I see a golden opportunity for diagnostic bliss on the Legacy. :grin: And NO, I'm not gonna steal it. Rather, find the correct software for my particular vehicle to upload to a CF card which I can then pop into the unit when I want to use it. I did try to call the Subaru dealer to day to see if they had any old software discs laying around but couldn't get anybody on the phone. Gonna try them on Monday but in the meantime I figure I'll dig around the net to see what if anything I can find out there.

I've known for some time that you can purchase these, but where to get the proper software is the question?

I bet I could spend $125k there and still not have enough tools! :lol:

It looks like they have the cartridges for the old style SM, but I don't see anything for the SMIII.

This completely slipped my mind after last weekend. I still need to call the Subaru store and see what they might know about it.