Ultimate Subaru Message Board

99 forester will not start after maf sensor cleaning

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got after market , will not bolt up ,wife pick it up today, either drill it out or take it back , it plugs in fine and is the right one, :mad:

We had that problem with an alternator at the shop the other day. A cheap chinese aftermarket part and it wouldn't bolt up.

no foresters at local junkyards , closes one 60 miles away, subaru's are not real common around here,

i'd be willing to bet they used the part in the impreza, legacy and the outback as well. any outbacks near you ?? maybe not outback.

i did some research, they started using this part in the cars buit in mid- 98. it does not show an ending date for most but for some they quit in mid- 99.

but more interesting, the electrical guts were used in some legacys but your housing was specific to forester and impreza.

but you can get the new 'guts' for 50$ - 60$ online.

complete - 22794AA000

http://opposedforces.com/parts/info/22794AA000/

guts only - 22680AA290

http://opposedforces.com/parts/info/22680AA290/

knowing what models & years use the part will let you expand your search at parts yards.

Do you know anyone who has a gauge to check fuel pressure?

Also double check (or triple) and make absolutely sure that no vacuum hoses in that area got pulled loose, or breather hoses from the airbox (the one attached to the throttle body), during the process of removing and installing the MAF.

ok, i agree on fuel pump , but switch , it starts fine first turn , idles for 3-4 seconds and stalls out , what would be the best way to check fuel pump, before i trailor it to shop , i have a spare fuel pump from a 95 lsi sedan , not sure if it will fit

cars starts ,if i hold down the gas pedal it will run , as soon as i let up it goes back down and stalls ,

Check and clean the throttle plate.

I had a similar problem when I put the duct work backtogether, but since you've checked it a hundred times then it must be something else. For me it was that small hose coming off of the intake.

yes i checked everything , it got towed to local shop , will find out tomorrow, no tools here to check fuel regulator , if over 200 bucks going to have it bought back home , either junk it or strip it , thing is i just bought it , off ebay ,seller did alot of work to it , so maybe bought some one elses problems ,thanks