Ultimate Subaru Message Board

just got a 87 gl10 turbo sdn for $250!!!

hells to the yeah. this time last week I was lookin for lifters.......

now I can do brake swap, fix toe/camber problem/lsd!!! not sure if loyale con queso will get the ft awd or not but if anyone needs body parts lemme know. Its charcoal colored and straight.

now for the q's: the turbo isnt spooling. the car has sat for a year, runs good, bogs when throttle is applied. I need to drive it home 30mins or so. how to unstick turbo?

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

ok so how much do you want for it and would you barter? I wasnt even considering getting a spool for it but I got it home tonight and EVERYTHING works. Im in a real conundrum here. I love my wagon. heres my dilema:

The good:

1) only spent $250 on a running, driving car.

2) other than the cigarette lighter, one foglight, and the broken headlight switch

its more or less friggin awesome(not counting turbositis).

3) only 138k, the timing belts/ v-belt were changed not too long before PO got a new soob and parked it, oil is CLEAN.

4) digidash(even tho they tend to suck) and the trip computer work.

5) interior is awesome for what it could be(it sat for a year).

The bad:

1) paint sucks...peeling (who friggin cares, the dash works)

2) epic exhaust leak. I can feel wind from the back of the turbo before it goes into the expanded downpipe. I have yet to successfully remove the turbo due to a nut that either stripped or is spinning. I cant hear the turbo spool at all and it gets very hot after the car has been running in addition to the car puking when driven.

3) window seals dont look so good (power moonroof is fine) but I dont see any evidence of leaks.

4) shes a little rusty on the "fraimrails" and master cyl.

The ugly:

1) the turbo/exhaust issue $$$$$$

2) last but not least, this means giving up my beloved wagon, Im the 3rd person in my family to own it and it would totally kick @$$ if it had all the goodies from the gl10.

please feel free to expound upon my babble with your own insight.

Rob

well hopefully I can get it apart tonight after work (stripped stud to downpipe)

then Ill be able to make a determination. Im getting worried that I might like this ea82t, how hard is it to swap out a ea82 for a ea82t? ill search too but just wanna keep the thread count low if I can

well hopefully I can get it apart tonight after work (stripped stud to downpipe)

then Ill be able to make a determination. Im getting worried that I might like this ea82t, how hard is it to swap out a ea82 for a ea82t? ill search too but just wanna keep the thread count low if I can

I'd think about fixing the turbo; exhaust leak might be the reason it doesn't spool up. It's a killer car if you get it running.