Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I took apart a 98 Outback engine 2.5 DOHC to do head gaskets timing belt etc...found this part in the garage left over...not sure if it is from the outback or a different car...

...can anyone confirm where this goes if from an Outback?

subiebracket.jpg

Is that a rubber type backing on that angle? If so it doesn't go near the header which I origionally thought. That vibration damper would suspend a bracket of hydraulic lines or something so they don't go thru a million vibrations.

Edited by Fuzpile

Bingo

Looking again I'm pretty sure that goes on the upper, front AC compressor bolt and holds the far end of the AC belt cover.

Oops - yea that's what I meant. Holds that little piece of black plastic that covers the pulley on the AC unit and is held on by one of the long AC compressor bolts. Because I've forgotten the bracket in the past.

Oops - yea that's what I meant. Holds that little piece of black plastic that covers the pulley on the AC unit and is held on by one of the long AC compressor bolts. Because I've forgotten the bracket in the past.

+1

That one's a PITA to put back on as you have to remove an AC bolt. Not hard, just extra work! (Yes, been there/done that!):-\

GL,

TD