Ultimate Subaru Message Board

sourcing parts for a dual carb EA-81 *updated*

Hey, does anyone know if there is even a slight possibility to get parts for a dual carb ea-81? Like an air filter box and a throttle linkage?

Just let me say, before the obvious questions start, MUAWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

:brow:

Edited by Markus56

I like where this is going. If you found the heads and cam too im stealling them :lol: As for the air box and such call up some aviation places. I was looking into doing this and located a air box and dual carb setup at one of these places that used to deal with EA81s. I forget the name but if you search aviation and EA81 subaru u should be able to find them.

Well, here is a place that seems to have a lot of info on how to hop up the

EA81, but I wasn't able to read through the whole thing, so I'm not sure if its

got dual carb stuff.

I would start asking the Aussies and Kiwi's.

It seems like they got the cool stuff :-p

You might pm Jerry (bratsrus1), he has a lot of oddball Subaru things.

Otherwise, you already have one of the biggest Subaru junkyards nearby,

Aarons.

I'll check around here for you ;)

Twitch

oh yeah, i also am looking for a distributor. I believe they are all the same for EA-81's?

No, they arent.

Theres Hitachi's and NipponDenso.

I believe the EA81T disty is different also.

Jerry DeMoss and Psyko might have some info as well.

So, this is the reason why i am looking for parts:

DSCN0100.JPG

Whats that?

You cant see it? :grin:

Let's try this:

DSCN0101.JPG

DSCN0102.JPG

DSCN0103.JPG

I have found, and now own, a JDM twin carb EA81! :banana:

My boss inherited it when he bought his auto shop 4 years ago. It sat in his garage ever since, and wanted to get rid of it. :eek:

It is a JDM crate motor that was purchased about 6 years ago, according to hearsay. :rolleyes:

Edited by Markus56

DSCN0100.JPG

DSCN0101.JPG

DSCN0102.JPG

DSCN0103.JPG

It is a JDM crate motor that was purchased about 6 years ago, according to hearsay. :rolleyes:

Then let me be the first to say that YOU SUCK! Only because I'm jealous.

Seriously, Congrats on the Rare find! and Good Luck with the build.

Keep the pics Coming!

Then let me be the first to say that YOU SUCK! Only because I'm jealous.

Seriously, Congrats on the Rare find! and Good Luck with the build.

Keep the pics Coming!

I second that!! I hunted around for over a year trying to get one of those and u stumble into lol. At any rate enjoy.

well, i want to see if a local aviation company has some of the stuff i am looking for stuffed in the back of their closet. i figure they should, they sold quit a few of these motors back in the day. Something about purchasing a shipping container full of them.

DSCN0100.JPG

Whats that?

You cant see it? :grin:

Let's try this:

DSCN0101.JPG

DSCN0102.JPG

DSCN0103.JPG

I have found, and now own, a JDM twin carb EA81! :banana:

My boss inherited it when he bought his auto shop 4 years ago. It sat in his garage ever since, and wanted to get rid of it. :eek:

You suck.

So what are you putting it into?

Wheeler wagon?

Drift car?

Rally Car?

C'mon, C'mon, details!!!!

Twitch

My plan is to put it in my wheeler wagon. I have wanted an EA-81 to put in it, because of the torque, and my jelolousy of Butters (One Eye's wagon). So this fell on my lap, and i am excited to see what happens. Reading around on the board, this motor should have around 100 hp? Or if i am super lucky, 120!! :eek:

Oh yeah, to piss you guy off even more, i got the motor for the one time only, super low price, of FREE. :lol: (insert evil laugh here)

These motors are very hard to get and the intakes don't match up with a regular EA-81 head. Mine is only the second one i have seen

Yes they do. You can bolt a dual carb intake on a normal EA81 head just fine. But you wont really be gaining much if anything by doing it. The dual carb motor had reversed valves (intake and exhaust valves switched positions) as well as a reversed cam (duh). They were rated at around 105-108 hp if i remember right. If its been sitting for a long time dont expect the carbs to be good...unless its never had gas in it then by all means.

As for distributors you can use either the Hitachi (4x4) carb or the Nippo-Denso (2wd) distributor. Just make sure to get the corresponding coil.

Wanna sell it and make a profit? :lol:

Hey, Marksus, would you mind taking a trillion pictures of everything and how they all go together (hoses and the like)? A while back, I managed to lose a lot of pictures and my DC pre-dismantle pictures were among them.

Wanna sell it and make a profit? :lol:

I'm glad you have somebody else to pester. Now you may leave me and mine alone. Haha Still, I must taunt you and tell you that it's probably going to be a couple/few years before I get mine back together. What a waste, huh? :-p

I'm glad you have somebody else to pester. Now you may leave me and mine alone. Haha Still, I must taunt you and tell you that it's probably going to be a couple/few years before I get mine back together. What a waste, huh? :-p

Yes u should really just give up and ship it to me :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

back to life!

Now, has anyone ever done this or heard of this?

Twin webers on a dual carb EA-81.

I found another one at a wrecking yard today with a subaru adapter! :grin:

So either i am going to slap this weber on the motor currently in my wagon, or i am going to have a dual weber EA-81.

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! :burnout: