Ultimate Subaru Message Board

sourcing parts for a dual carb EA-81 *updated*

back to life!

Now, has anyone ever done this or heard of this?

Twin webers on a dual carb EA-81.

I found another one at a wrecking yard today with a subaru adapter! :grin:

So either i am going to slap this weber on the motor currently in my wagon, or i am going to have a dual weber EA-81.

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! :burnout:

There are a couple of issues you will most likely run into trying this. One i think the carbs are going to be too close together if you are using the traditional 32/36. The other is tuning. You are going to basically have to start from scratch as the tuning for a single weber is going to be completely off if you do duals on the same motor. Finding the right jets and getting all the transitions right is going to be a pain. If you can get them to bolt down next to eachother then your halfway there. I would recommend getting a wideband honestly and tune it using that since there will be a lot more to mess with with two webers.

Why not just Overhaul those dual Hitachi's thats what I plan with My Dual carb EA81.

These are a full mechanical setup no vacuum operated secondary and already factory jetted so why would you change them.

Yes with a US spec Polution Vac secondary Hitachi or Worse then a Weber conversion makes sense,however with these carbs being a specific performance model made to suit the Engine it doesn't strike me as smart to throw them away.

When you fit this setup on a normal EA81 then the cam and porting differences will require some jetting changes.

People out here in Australia have had both the Dual carb setup on a standard EA81 and unfortunately for them A dual Carb engine without the Manifold and carbs.

Consensus is that the performance improvement from either option is similar so when you have both together it is a major upgrade,after all whether it is the 108HP version or the Homologation special 120 HP version both well and truly exceed the Turbo EA81 let alone a stocker or the USDM model.

The factory cable had a bar at the end I have one I'll try to get pics for you If I can find It It may be a few days (in texas right now on a job) I'll post them when I get back home

Edited by 84gl