Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Searching for a needle in a haystack

Hi from Australia to everybody,

I have just begun searching for a dual carb Hitachi setup with manifold to fit to an EA81 that has not yet done 30 000km. This setup is virtually impossible to find in Australia, and the dual-port head engines even harder to locate.

I'm hoping that some of you can suggest places where I can try enquiring, in the hope that such a setup can be found and sent to Australia. Certainly if somebody would be willing to sell this setup to me then I would be very grateful indeed.

Thanks VERY much in advance for any assistance provided.

If you dont have the heads and cam to go along with the intake then its virtually all for show. The ONLY way that intake would be good on a normal set of ea81 heads is if someone ported them out and shaved em and gave them a killer valve job. Then...maybe it would be worth it.

If you just have the normal EA81 heads your better off just slapping a weber on it and calling it a day. I kno not fancy and exotic but without the full package its pointless.