Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Radio Wiring???

I have a 1987 Subaru gl and my stock radio has recently died so I ordered a new radio to replace it, I've looked on several sites and my service manual. All I need is the wiring diagram for my car, I can't find one anywhere, either noone does this or I'm just stupid. Please help me

If you are familiar with electrical systems then I would use a test light or VOM. I always use new wire and wire my own rather than use old wire that is too small to begin with except for the acc power. Be sure to use new speaker wire because the factory wire if I am not mistaken on your car still uses the common ground.

Mike

I have a 1987 Subaru gl and my stock radio has recently died so I ordered a new radio to replace it, I've looked on several sites and my service manual. All I need is the wiring diagram for my car, I can't find one anywhere, either noone does this or I'm just stupid. Please help me

did a quick search for radio and found at the bottom of this thread the info on which wire is what by color:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52800

HTH!

rob