Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Another SPFI conversion Question..O2 sensor

Thats not really a good idea. The O2 sensor is meant to get hot in order to get an accurate reading. Moving it farther away from the engine will mean it wont get hot enough to work correctly and therefore you car will most likely run rich or throw an O2 code. You "can" get a heated O2 but im not sure why you would want to go through the trouble or the expense.

on my Brat my O2 sensor is in the H cross pipe I made for my duel exhaust setup which is actually the 2sd cross over the 1st one behind the oil pan is a x cross over and I didn't have the room for the O2 sensor there so I put it in the 2sd one under the trans and haven't had any problems yet and it been 2 years

Just because it is old and failed emissions doesn't mean it isn't doing something. Keep it hot and upstream of the cat, or else you will miss out on the benefits of the SPFI: more power and good economy, as the ECU tries to adjust the mixture for conditions that don't exist.