Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Continential Extreme Contact Tires

Yea, I actually bought and installed my new tires at the tirerack warehouse in South Bend, so I'm familiar with their questionable "reviews" and feedback.

Didn't go with the continentals because, yes, they are too soft. The tire I went with has been an excellent choice thus far over my old BF Goodrich Traction T/A's.

Yea, I actually bought and installed my new tires at the tirerack warehouse in South Bend, so I'm familiar with their questionable "reviews" and feedback.

Didn't go with the continentals because, yes, they are too soft. The tire I went with has been an excellent choice thus far over my old BF Goodrich Traction T/A's.

If, as you say the Continentals are a "soft" tire, then they would grip well as stated in their name, but I gotta think they won't last for long millage.

Since you hate "vague steering," your best bet is to buy a tire with a strong and rigid side wall. The less the side wall flexes, the more responsive the steering. The trade off is that the stiffer side wall produces a rougher car ride.