Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Help...?

88Subi4x4

and also, what th ehell did this have to do with offroad?i mean , just wondering.....really. just wondering....cheers, brian

What, you don't use your cruise offroad? Is it too good for ya? :lol: And I agree...

The cylinder I don't know what that is though... It's not part of the cruise. I have a whole dealer installed cruise control unit sitting in my garage, and I don't have that. It's been talked about before, but I don't know what it is...

But the rest of it is the dealer installed cruise control. If you look up under your dash, by the hood release you will probably find the cruise control brain.

What, you don't use your cruise offroad? Is it too good for ya? :lol: And I agree...

The cylinder I don't know what that is though... It's not part of the cruise. I have a whole dealer installed cruise control unit sitting in my garage, and I don't have that. It's been talked about before, but I don't know what it is...

But the rest of it is the dealer installed cruise control. If you look up under your dash, by the hood release you will probably find the cruise control brain.

It may be an aftermarket cruise control set up, because that is definitely part of the system.

It may be an aftermarket cruise control set up, because that is definitely part of the system.

You sure about that? I have on in a box, and one installed in my car, and no big sphere in my car, or in the box, but it does have the other thing with the wires and mine are the exact same color and look exactly the same as the pic. So unless they changed it in 1990, or subaru happen to have missed installing the big round thing when the original owner had the dealer install the cruise system (I have the original invoice with this on it, and the round thing won't fit in my engine bay with the turbo even if it was included, so it can't be that important if it is part of the system), and the second system I picked up was missing it also, I don't think it has to do with the cruise. Unless I am missing something... I have been known to be wrong in the past...

You sure about that? I have on in a box, and one installed in my car, and no big sphere in my car, or in the box, but it does have the other thing with the wires and mine are the exact same color and look exactly the same as the pic. So unless they changed it in 1990, or subaru happen to have missed installing the big round thing when the original owner had the dealer install the cruise system (I have the original invoice with this on it, and the round thing won't fit in my engine bay with the turbo even if it was included, so it can't be that important if it is part of the system), and the second system I picked up was missing it also, I don't think it has to do with the cruise. Unless I am missing something... I have been known to be wrong in the past...

It is definately the tank that comes with the kit for the cruise.

It's the vacuum reserve tank (factory cruise used an electric pump)

I think in later years they changed the size of the and shape of the tank.

I remember you talking about you're cruise not holding vacuum on the highway..........perhaps it was because of the lack of the tank as a reservior for the system?

Yeah.....i have actually seen that tank installed on a turbo car......caught on fire when the wastegate failed and the turbo got hot.

It is definately the tank that comes with the kit for the cruise.

It's the vacuum reserve tank (factory cruise used an electric pump)

I think in later years they changed the size of the and shape of the tank.

I remember you talking about you're cruise not holding vacuum on the highway..........perhaps it was because of the lack of the tank as a reservior for the system?

Yeah.....i have actually seen that tank installed on a turbo car......caught on fire when the wastegate failed and the turbo got hot.

Interesting, learn something new everyday :)

Ya, mine never really held vacuum, maybe that's why? I ended up wiring in a factory vacuum pump to get mine working correctly, haven't had a problem since :D

I wonder if they did remove it because it just caused problems? Like I said, I got 2 units without it, oh well, I have seen stranger things...

Thanks for the correct info man!

It does have something to do with off road.... because i dont want it on my offroad Rig and have never had cruse on any of my rigs. I was just making sure i didnt need it for anything else and thanks for the people that are respectful and just say hey its the cruse

but thanks monstaru for your great advice.... No need to play internet tough guy!

Cheers, Reid

What ever you do dont use the power wire , white wire with a red line I think, off of your Cuise control, I used it for my fan to run full time, and everytime you step on the Brake it cuts the power to what ever it is you have wired to it. I figured it out while stopped at a stop light, for a long time, my car started to get real hot!

Jeff