Ultimate Subaru Message Board

5 spd SCORE!!!

So I was out at PAP last week looking for something when I see the have a sh*tload of 'new' Subies in. A lot of Loyale/Legacy wagons, a couple of EA81 wagons and even an '84 Turbo Coupe like mine! (might have to snag some parts...) Anywhoo... The had 1 '88 wagon with a 5spd d/r all the parts were there and someone had been kind enough to pull the drive line (and left it), rear diff, one front axle and the starter for me! I went out this morning and pulled the trans, cross member and flywheel. As a bonus, I discovered the clutch is almost brand new! Best part? It only cost $100! Now I can do the swap in the Brat and finally have the reason/motvation to put my rear discs on as well...

Congrats on the Great score. I was just out there a couple days ago. Alot of nice subi's for sure.

If you don't mind,can you tell me how much you payed for the d/r 5 speed?

I see you spent a hundred,but was that total,or was that just for the tranny?

I think hes asking for the price breakdown...as in how much it would cost for him to buy just the trans from the junkyard. That is if i read it right.

The thing is,there seems to be some confusion as to the price of subaru awd trannys at the three diffrent Pull a Part locations. Seems the two locations up north charge $100 for the Subi' trannys (because they are a tranny plus a diff) where as the one in Tacoma charges $50,regardless if it's a awd tranny.

Just trying to get some confirmation on price is all. Thanks.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=113713&highlight

Ski called me while he was there and asked a few questions.

I told him they might ding him for every connected part on it, ie - the clutch, pp, flywheel, x-member, etc. If its a assembly they can charge you for every part attached. It all depends on who is at the register and what day it is :rolleyes:

He got lucky that day and was only charged for a transmission.

Yep, the PAP on Steel Street in Tacoma, and Rob is correct. I got them towards the end of the day and the guy wasn't overly concerned. Hell, I also got a sunroof assembly for my S/O's Daewoo (don't say a word....) for $12. But yes, I have noticed both from here and dealing with PAP, the prices are all over the place. I'll also share this... Act like you go there a lot (not in a uppity way), try to remember their names, joke around with them and be casual. People respond. I've been doing business with yards around here for 15 years and almost every time I go into a new place, I listen for names or tell them I talked to so and so and BS with them and I get better deals. Doesn't work all the time, but I would say 80-90% it does.