Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Legacy Seats to EA 82

The Dude Abides

So i found a perfect set of blue 1993 legacy seats in the junkyard. I would like to know how hard the swap over to the ea82 is and if anyone has done this befrore (im sure there are). A search yielded only ea81 swap info and late legacy, impreza info. Im looking for 1st gen legacy info.

Ben

All you need it two tabs(per seat) of flat bar with holes drilled 1" apart and a drill.

First, unbolt the legacy rails from the seat frame, and get you're GL rails off those seats....you will be swapping the GL rails onto the legacy seats.

Then, you bolt the front of the inner rail to the existing hole in the seat frame. Next, drill a new hole in the seat and bolt the rear of the inner rail to seat. Then repaeat for the other side, but use the tabs of metal and some extra bolts and nuts to mount the rail "1 to the inside of the seat frame. Again, you will have to drill new holes in the seat framefor the rear bolt of the outer rail.

you will need to trim the lower edge of the plastic trim of the legagy seats.

no welding required.

Using 95 outback seat is trickier....the drivers side is height adjustable, and the pivot portion of the mounts is tricky and requres grinding apart to seperate from the lower seat rail.

Ok thanks GD, thats above my abilities. Ill keep checking the JY for a impreza.

Car Country in Newton got in about 3 impretzles, one had a neat wing on back.... all had decent interiors

They also still have the ea82 wagon with the Dual range 5spd still mounted to the intact engine as well.

in all, they have about 18 subarus at that place, 8-9 legacy's. 3-4 outbacks, and the impretzels....and the lone ea82 with that 5pds dual range. This is a junkyard you go to, bring your tools, check in at the front desk and they will let you go get what you want. If you need a price, ask the front desk before you pull it. They dont have inventory list, over 5000 cars there though in total.

Edited by bheinen74

Car Country in Newton got in about 3 impretzles, one had a neat wing on back.... all had decent interiors

They also still have the ea82 wagon with the Dual range 5spd still mounted to the intact engine as well.

in all, they have about 18 subarus at that place, 8-9 legacy's. 3-4 outbacks, and the impretzels....and the lone ea82 with that 5pds dual range. This is a junkyard you go to, bring your tools, check in at the front desk and they will let you go get what you want. If you need a price, ask the front desk before you pull it. They dont have inventory list, over 5000 cars there though in total.

Over five thousand cars....

Only eighteen Subarus....

Wait a minute.....

:lol:

You'd think there'd be more of them with grenaded gearboxes or something - isn't that what the uninitiated end up doing to Subaru's? :)

I've found a few that way, but I think most of them get intercepted before the car ends up in a junkyard. The rest of us snatch them up for parts. That or the owner realizes the error of their ways/what they have, and fix them rather than junk them.

Some day I will count all the Fords, Nissans, Hondas, Subies, etc at the junkyard--I just haven't done it yet.