Ultimate Subaru Message Board

hard rubber hose snapped replacement?

It seems to go to the fuel pressure regulator to the intake manfold? I went to remove it to do my ECTS and it just snapped! the hose away from the heat is still good because it's cooler..

anyways who would have a replacement? Home depot maybe? here are some pics

e50b1bf5.jpg

8088bcad.jpg

you know now that I removed the hoses I finally got to see the back side of my flywheel and seeing how i never had a rubber cover for the access cover on the bell housing.

Anyways long story short I see some "junk" that I don't know what is what fell between the back of the motor and the flywheel.. And seeing how I know I never dropped anything in that area it's bothering me now..it was hard to get a good shot.

This is the best shot I could get with the phone

5cb7df9f.jpg

I wouldn't worry much about it - all kinds of junk get into bell-housings. Rarely does any of it cause an issue. The back side of the flywheel is a good place for it in the scheme of things - eventually when the peices of it get small enough from rubbing on the (cast steel) flywheel they will fall to the bottom and be just one more peice of debris in there.

Just run it. Don't worry about the stuff in there. Most of the Subaru's on the road probably don't have that cover either - they get hard and cooked from engine heat and then when someone removes it (which is odd that they would on an EJ MT since there's no real reason to - it's the access for removing flex-plate bolts on AT's) they break and won't stay in place anymore.

GD