Ultimate Subaru Message Board

does 84 wagon have a blend door?

Trying to get my heater fixed before winter. I flushed the core and it flows very well, i think it has somthing to do with the hot cold knob. It has always been sticky and feels as it slips when going to the hot position, So i think that is the problem but i dont know where to look. Both heater hoses get hot, and the heat just gets luke warm

Trying to get my heater fixed before winter. I flushed the core and it flows very well, i think it has somthing to do with the hot cold knob. It has always been sticky and feels as it slips when going to the hot position, So i think that is the problem but i dont know where to look. Both heater hoses get hot, and the heat just gets luke warm

Try removing the knob and checking the back to make sure that it's not broken. If it's broken, then it spin all the way.

There is a cable that goes from the back of the knob to a lever under the dash by the drivers right shin. Its a push style cable and the housing likes to crack. If you reach all the way under, past the air up pipe/tube you will feel/see the actuator arm. If you push it towards the front it will close the door and give you solid heat. If you follow the arms and cables you'll figure it out. Good luck. I left mine like that and just reach under to move the lever.:-\

There is a cable that goes from the back of the knob to a lever under the dash by the drivers right shin. Its a push style cable and the housing likes to crack. If you reach all the way under' date=' past the air up pipe/tube you will feel/see the actuator arm. If you push it towards the front it will close the door and give you solid heat. If you follow the arms and cables you'll figure it out. Good luck. I left mine like that and just reach under to move the lever.:-\[/quote']

+1. Had this happen to me. Turned out to be the cable controling the doors in the heating system. I did not have defrost because the doors were not fully closing due to a broken cable housing.