Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need advice and help (93 Loyale )

I have a 93 Loyale and I'm looking to fix her up (offroading, rally ext.) What can I do with it??

Car has 106,000 miles and still runs like a champ, I just recently installed a new clutch, wires, spark plugs.

I have a GL wagon that I part out for my car, Can i pull that 4x4 system out of the gl and put it in my loyale??

4WD stuff will swap. gas tank will need to be swapped. i've seen where some 2WD's don't have the bolt holes for the center carrier of the 4WD driveshaft. but the bosses are there - so just drill and tap, it's really easy just drill two holes and tap them. but probably just as much chance of the holes already being there anyway.

not sure which 4WD set up that has but it could require a solenoid and some vacuum hoses in the engine compartment too for the 4WD actuator.

be as descript as you can when asking about swaps. 93 loyale is EA82. the 87 GL should be EA82 as well since you say wagon.

* you don't say which trans they have either, though we can assume their both manuals by the clutch comment.