Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tillamook wheelin

MrGlegacy

I would but I got a big covert camping party in the forest around the mountain this year.

Gregg keeps mentioning planning a big Soob run this fall. Proly camping out at TSF/Browns Camp and run the trails. I keep wanting to run them at night. :)

Edited by TeamCF

Is everyone scared of Tillamook, come on wheelers lets go have some fun:banana:

Not scared of TSF.

S7301075.jpg

Firebreak 5 back when the Soob was nearly stock. Cleaned the whole trail bottom to top with no assistance. Blew some Jeepers minds that day. :grin: They now invite me to everything.

Only scared of the yahoos and families on ATVs trying to get run over.

Do check out "Bates Road" though if you are still going. It's not long, it's kinda out of the way to get to, it does not really look like all that at first. When you come close to putting it on it's roof though. Oh yes the fun begins. :grin:

And always stay left for the most action. (it is two trails that keep crisscrossing, left is always the harder line)

Up is fun and kinda hairy. Down is just hangin in the seatbelt and puckering.

The guy I was with that showed me the trail told me he has buddies with comp ready rock buggies that are scared to go up it. I told me this AFTER I went up and waited at the top for him to catch up in his Jeep.

I hope it didn't get adopted and "fixed".

It was a big snaking, deep, V groove that had a few rock outcroppings when I went up it. You have to go from edge to edge and mirrors might not survive. (or doors...)

But if it's only your rig. I would not do it. I know one Soob has made it on it's roof on that one. (as in don't do it if you are alone for safety reasons, not saying your Soob can't make it. :) )

Edited by TeamCF

We'll get a trip going. I'm sure lots of peeps are already doing other trips with family this weekend.

Myself I'm packing up to go spend a long weekend in the forest with my friend "Jack". :grin:

No wheelin', just gonna set up and sit there way out away from the minivans and RVs till monday. (with a bunch of friends, a PA system, lasers, and pounding industrial music....)

How about a combo TSF and Sandlake trip later in September?

Head out Saturday morning. Play in TSF. Then camp at Sandlake Saturday night. Play at Sandlake on Sunday before heading home.

I'm super busy and may not be able to go so I wouldn't organize it. But it would be a good trip if someone wants to organize it.