Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Perfect RX turbo - How much would you pay

How much would you pay for an RX turbo (1986+) that was in perfect condition? Meaning, no rust, great running engine, great interior (No tears), No rust, good running transmission, no electrical gremlins.

I talking about and RX turbo that looks and runs like it came off the showroom floor. How much would it be worth to YOU? Interested in replies and thanks!

All the change that's in my pocket right now..... if the owner let me kick him square in the boys for a youtube video :lol:.

Seriously though - it's probably worth around $1000 to the right person. But it has to be the RIGHT person. And that probably means someone that's looking for the pristene body and interior for a really nice EJ swap ride. A well-done EJ swapped RX with a 5 lug, etc is a sexy machine...... with the original engine and the 4 lug it's just a big pile of frusration-to-be.

GD

All the change that's in my pocket right now..... if the owner let me kick him square in the boys for a youtube video :lol:.

Seriously though - it's probably worth around $1000 to the right person. But it has to be the RIGHT person. And that probably means someone that's looking for the pristene body and interior for a really nice EJ swap ride. A well-done EJ swapped RX with a 5 lug, etc is a sexy machine...... with the original engine and the 4 lug it's just a big pile of frusration-to-be.

GD

GD + EA82T = :horse:

This is the East Coast I assume?

It could be worth up to $2k.

It depends on what the buyer wants to spend.

kevin, robs figure is probably pretty close.

mileage is more important than condition in some ways. there's quite a few people that hold low mileage in high regard, almost novelty status, and will pay for it.

the market for old subarus is down compared to even just a couple years ago. impreza's and legacy's....even foresters now are coming into that price range and there's not a lot of folks wanting old school soobs in light of what you can now get with EJ's which have more options, ABS, newer, better power, more refinements, etc. the higher the price - the longer the buyer is going to have to wait to get it.