Ultimate Subaru Message Board

rear spoiler for an EA81...anyone ever try one of these?

I found this on ebay a few days ago after having seen on on a saab 900 thats still around town. It seems that it would fit the lines of the EA81 coupe/sedan very well. But....not for 200 bucks lol. Im just wondering if i should nab one from the jy and try it out (if an when i find this supposedly "rare" spoiler).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290423166972&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

theres a ea81 4dr sedan with a spoiler and rear louvers in a junkyard not far from me if you want next time I am up there I'm take some pics but I am not sure of the condition of it. Its parked in a thicket

Yea id love some pictures! I bet both of those are pretty rare. Ive never even seen a spoiler on a EA81. I have seen louvers but only twice (once in person). Too bad the louvers from a sedan will not fit on a coupe otherwise id be begging you to grab both.

Those three saabs are runners. He does have 2 parts saabs tho. None with louvers or spoilers tho. I also forgot to mention that he bought another set of louvers for his 4 door saab. The one with a spoiler is a 16 valve and the one with both is a turbo.

I like louvers. I wish my wagon had some. I think I've only seen one or two subies with louvers.

^^^ i have the same spoiler on my parts car(88 gl10) its foam-rubber, wierd huh? anybody need one? pm me

Im not sure it would work on my trunk because the angle of the EA82 trunk is different than on the EA81...but im still intrigued. Is it in good shape? If its rubbery...does that mean it flexes easily and could be sorta "formed" to my trunk without hurting the spoiler? If so you might have found a buyer if the side to side dimentions match the EA81 well enough. Also how is it attached?

the one i have isnt as nice as the one in the pic. its gotten somewhat grainy.

its attached with adhesive. not many ea81 coupe/sedans around so it might be a minute before i can measure. i will pull a length off it tomorrow and get back to ya. $10 plus shipping assuming you want it, and pending it survival after removing it from the trunk

RV