Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Whats broke on your subaru lately.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put some 80k mile rated Michelins, back when i had my DL wagon, they were some hard rubber tires... outlasted the car..

93 Loyale

Oil pressure light doesn't.

One alternator belt broke on a long trip, middle of the night, middle of nowhere. Thought it was a cambelt at first, but a couple minutes with a pocket knife cut the old belt loose where it had wrapped itself around the pulleys and stalled the engine, and I carried on on the remaining belt, making sure I kept the revs down.

Starter motor contacts finally died, after a year or more of symptoms, and beating on the starter to get it to go.

Tires are starting to hydroplane again. Why do I get only 25,000 miles out of tires? I rarely drive faster than 60 MPH, I keep them at correct pressure, and htey wear dead even and FAST. Hankook, Kumho, Toyo: so far, I have not found tires that will last on this car.

ha, great thread.

my check engine light is broken, keeps going off and on! seriously. last time i looked it was a EGR and Fuel Injector Low codes or something like that.

any idea what 'fuel injector input low' would constitute?

on our 00 Outback, the brake light fuse keeps blowing. just replaced the brake switch, put in a new battery, all while trying to fix a tranny issue. man, the old stuff is so much nicer to deal with!!

Edited by xbeerd

Great thread,

I think I have conquered the "tick of death". So new oil pump, h2o pump, timing belts, tensioners, idler pulley, crank seal, cam seals and cam carrier o-ring.

now I have a small exhaust leak I have never noticed before:grin: oh well better than someone at a stop light telling me that I need to check the oil...:horse:

driving it to work tomorrow after I put my new cd player and speakers in. I figured the wagon deserved one since the old I bought in 1998 and the radio doesn't get reception and it won't even play new cd's.

Cracked front windshield, passenger side mirror only goes horizontal and not vertical, driver side seat coming apart, tailpipe fell off, brakes make squeeling when stopping, clunking on right front cv when making sharp turns and of course an oil leak. But other than that, it drives wonderfully!:lol:

woah, you have a cd player?!?!

man, i just rock the AM/FM deck! crappy enough my FM transmitter over rides the actual radio stations! oh yeah!

ha it was one I had in the bottom drawer of my tool box, I got it for my mustang when I was 18. I replaced the factory paper cone speakers with some 4x6 plates I had there too. but I got some new 6" door speakers too.:slobber:

couldn't take it anymore. if I have to drive 104 miles round trip everyday I need a cd player that works, and has an ipod hookup.

I fixed my check engine light with electrical tape! Works great! Haven't had a problem with it coming on since :grin:

ha, great thread.

my check engine light is broken, keeps going off and on! seriously. last time i looked it was a EGR and Fuel Injector Low codes or something like that.

any idea what 'fuel injector input low' would constitute?

on our 00 Outback, the brake light fuse keeps blowing. just replaced the brake switch, put in a new battery, all while trying to fix a tranny issue. man, the old stuff is so much nicer to deal with!!

My daily SPFI wagon has a bad case of indecisiveness:

Yesterday, I took the car to meet someone - cel on, cel off, cell on, cell off after every shift. Pulled into driveway, cel off. Started it back up an hour later, light off till I touched the throttle and here we go again: on, off, on, off all the way home. Pulled into the driveway, it's off. I touch the throttle and it's on again.

I checked for codes: purge control solenoid.

All that drama for a purge control solenoid?:confused::confused::confused:

Today: no cel at all.:mad:

Lost the 'Defrost' setting in my '85 BRAT this last Thursday. All other settings function normal.

So,,, I get to have the fun of working up under the dash later today.

Also need to thaw-out the washer fluid tank and lines.

Didn't get it swapped over to the de-icer stuff in time, and it all froze this week.

• 2 weeks later...