Ultimate Subaru Message Board

should i sell?

i bought my 83 gl for $200 got it running good. i put about $200 into it. replacing the fuel pump, battery and rebuilding the carb and a few other little things. well it lost all its power last winter i figuired i lost a valve. so its been sitting. so i had a garage sale and a guy offerd me $350 as is for it. i wasnt really wanting to sell it but it needs some engine work now plus a wheel bearing and exaust . SHOULD I SELL IT WHILE I CAN???? or is worth keeping?

If it was me I'd fix it and maybe sell it, but for a lot more. I can do a wheel bearing and exhaust pretty easy, so just engine work I'd have to spend some time with. Depends if you can do the work yourself. If you can't do all the work yourself, probably your best bet is sell it. Good deal for both of you. If you can do the work, fix 'er up! She'll be worth much more.

If resources are not a problem and you are in a time crunch, then I'd either just sell it for the offer. Then later on you can get into a different project car if desired. But if you really have a heart for this vehicle, then keep it as your project and use the available resources to get something else for use as a daily driver.

If resources are not a problem and you are in a time crunch, then I'd either just sell it for the offer. Then later on you can get into a different project car if desired. But if you really have a heart for this vehicle, then keep it as your project and use the available resources to get something else for use as a daily driver.

+1

if you have any "emotional ties" with your soobie you should keep it and fix it up someday, otherwise take the money and run. i bought my 82 wagon for 400 and it ran like a top, still does infact!

Yeah - if the guy is crazy enough to want to give you $350 for an EA81 that runs like crap, has exhaust and wheel bearing issues - take the money and run. I got my hatch for $250 and it needed a new clutch cable. :rolleyes:. They are only getting cheaper right now - it's a mid-80's econobox to anyone but a member of this forum - basically worthless.

GD

thats kind of what i was thinking sell and buy another later. ill call him tomorrow and ill be back here one day again. well i still have a 2000 gt. just not the same forum..... so do u actually get paid for always being here? u should. it seems u always have input even if its negative which is always good and useful. thanks for always being there gd....:banana:

thats kind of what i was thinking sell and buy another later. ill call him tomorrow and ill be back here one day again. well i still have a 2000 gt. just not the same forum..... so do u actually get paid for always being here? u should. it seems u always have input even if its negative which is always good and useful. thanks for always being there gd....:banana:

No - don't get paid. But the board does bring me business and good deals on used parts, and a community of support. It's worth the little time to help people.

I'm on the new-gen side too. I work on mostly EJ's anymore. I just hang out here a lot because I know a lot of the answers people are looking for. On the EJ stuff I'm still doing a lot of learning. Working my way up to newer and newer models all the time. Playing with turbo stuff, etc.

Thanks for the appreciation!

GD