Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Car pulling all over the road?

Hey guys, this problem was alot more significant after I changed to 17" rims with low profile tires and they are run flats. So far what has been replaced ball joints, struts are pretty new(GR2), top hats(wrx), springs (hr), rear control arm lateral bushings (STi). I have to still get a alignment but how important are the rear links and there bushings? The rear ones look pretty bad pretty much all the bushings for every link. Could the rear cause the front to pull all over the road? Also have poly steering rack bushings.

Any advice? It is pretty annoying this issue.

Car is a 94 Legacy Turbo.

I'd be seriously thinking about replacing all of those bushings, particularly with what it can do to tearing up a set of new tires.

I had a similar issue with my 90 300ZX last year. Wide tires run all over the place when the link bushings have deteriorated over 20 years. I caught the tire wear issue soon enough on these new tires I think, that the tires may correct themselves over time.

In your case, you'll have your hands full if you ever get on that turbo at the wrong place and time.

Well if all that stuff was replaced and the toe was not at least checked, one or more wheels might be towed out quite a bit. That will make the thing really twitchy, like a 'horny snake' one person described it to me. Sometimes for track cars people like toe out, but only if the opposing wheels are towed out the same amount on purpose.

It's a sedan the tires are definitely very wide and with the run flats the sidewallls are SOLID!

Going to replace all the links in the rear with newer wrx parts, and the steering rack bushings. Then go for alignment. I hear you I am now running td04 with 06 ic even at stock boost if I gun it at times I really need to be ready. ESPECIALLY when it rains!

09032010166.jpg

Took pic before I installed the rear h r springs if some people are wondering.