Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2000 Outback and Bosch Platinum +4

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience in using these plus in a Subaru of about the same year. In my classic car these plugs are amazing but that is a very old big V8.

They are more expensive than the standard plugs and want to make sure that it would be worth it.

thanks

I know some people are running them, but I have also seen posts of problems with misfire and cracking on the +4's in soobs. Granted that was a few years back so maybe they have fixed that issue now. That all said, soobs are very happy with pretty much any of the NGK plugs in the lineup. The good 'ol copper V-power's are the best in my opinion. The other plugs, platinum, iridium, etc. are really for increased service life.

Edited by porcupine73
forgot to finish

NEVER use Bosch plugs on a Subaru. NGK only (yes they make platinums). There are many, many reported cases of strange issues with using the Bosch stuff. Subaru uses NGK platinums in the STi and I wouldn't go any other route.

I do like Bosch reman alternators though :rolleyes:

GD

I am using the standard Bosch platinum plugs, and a bosch wire set on my 99 OBW with no issues. These were swapped in about 3 years ago, and have about 35K miles on the wires and plugs.