Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ASV plug for beer! seattle!

I plugged the ASV ports at the heads. Just got some sheet metal and used the flange of the tubes as a template. Much more clean than any other method. check out my build thread for some pics (they're in there some where): http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=114817

Oh yeah, I used copper RTV (really high temp) to help the seal. I'd grab a beer but Durango is a little further than worth plugging ASV's, as fun as it sounds.

Edited by kanurys

i think there are 2 of them on the ea81s and they are threaded right?

On the EA81s they come out of the stupid spacer in between the exhaust and the head. you could just remove the spacers, but then the exhaust doesn't quite fit right onto the head (hits crossmember)

Instead, unthread the stainless tube where it goes into the box with the reed valve.

That's where you put the quarters.

On the EA81s they come out of the stupid spacer in between the exhaust and the head. you could just remove the spacers, but then the exhaust doesn't quite fit right onto the head (hits crossmember)

Instead, unthread the stainless tube where it goes into the box with the reed valve.

That's where you put the quarters.

Thanks! I'll do that. I just have a shop rag stuffed in the hose side right now!