Ultimate Subaru Message Board

95 legacy 5mt Everything I've read about this makes it sound so simple...what's my problem. I got the glove box out. Removed the three screws to remove the blower motor and it drops about halfway down and hits a metal support on the right side that does not look easy to remove. What am I missing?

post-3744-136027644091_thumb.jpg

post-3744-136027644097_thumb.jpg

Edited by powderhound

yeah I ended up bending the bracket out of bit. It bent right back and is secured by the lower cross bracket. I just don't see why everything I read said it drops right out, Mine certainly didn't. Just another my95 "feature"?

years back, I swapped out a blower on my 91 Leggie. It was a piece of cake. I don't remember any cross bracket in the way. Guess things change over the years.

Wow, dude. I once had someone tell me the EXACT same thing. They could not have been more wrong.

I too have a 95. I was told it would be 3 screws and it would drop right out. That was a vicious lie. I had to take the glove box out, and I still had to bend a bracket just to get the stupid blower to drop out. In terms of physical space, there was no way the thing would drop out so easily.

So basically, yeah... I feel your pain. I sat there the whole time, cussing the guy's name under my breath who told me it would be so simple. :mad:

Does anyone else hear a faint whining sound in the distance? :lol:

Seriously - that's relatively painless. I just did an oil pan gasket on my 350 SBC. I had to pull the entire exhaust (42 years old and it shows) and jack the engine up off the cross-member..... Now that's a pain in the neck :rolleyes:. Whine about something that's hard or messy at least.....

GD

Does anyone else hear a faint whining sound in the distance? :lol:

Seriously - that's relatively painless. I just did an oil pan gasket on my 350 SBC. I had to pull the entire exhaust (42 years old and it shows) and jack the engine up off the cross-member..... Now that's a pain in the neck :rolleyes:. Whine about something that's hard or messy at least.....

GD

:rolleyes: