Ultimate Subaru Message Board

pics of the 83 gl sedan

kfitz

Thanks everyone!

Bought it for our 20 yr old daughter. Gotta admit, I'm a little jealous-it's fun to drive! She's really excited because it's "sooo vintage, mom". Sheesh. We paid $1300 for it, which seemed a bit much, but it's got such low miles & except for a little rust on the front fenders, it's pretty clean. The guy we bought it from paid us $300 for our 2000 blazer w/ a cracked block & 196k miles on it, so I guess it's not too bad of a deal. Hopefully it's as reliable as all of you say! I really appreciate everyones' advice. We're gonna have the transmission flushed this weekend & have everything checked over.

Thanks everyone!

Bought it for our 20 yr old daughter. Gotta admit, I'm a little jealous-it's fun to drive! She's really excited because it's "sooo vintage, mom". Sheesh. We paid $1300 for it, which seemed a bit much, but it's got such low miles & except for a little rust on the front fenders, it's pretty clean. The guy we bought it from paid us $300 for our 2000 blazer w/ a cracked block & 196k miles on it, so I guess it's not too bad of a deal. Hopefully it's as reliable as all of you say! I really appreciate everyones' advice. We're gonna have the transmission flushed this weekend & have everything checked over.

They are very reliable if taken care of. Just like anything though..they are 27 some odd years old (almost 28). So with age comes issues that need to be addressed from time to time. As others have said..if you keep coolant in it and change the oil regularly you will be fine. If you lived closer id offer to go through it for you and make sure everything is good. Hell i have a 5 speed manual swap too that would solve her only issue with it lol.

You guys are all so, so awesome. Thanks a ton for all of the advice & offers of help! If I had know all the subaru owners were this cool, we would have bought one a long time ago! I'm sure you'll be hearing from us as we pick our way through the new wheels!