Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Got one! 83 GL 4x4 wagon :)

Hey,

Took more than a little searching , and the patience to look at a few lemons and pass; but I found what I think is a gem in this 83 GL wagon. The outside is very nice with no rust at all as far as I know. Interior is a bit rough , but very workable with some nice options. It's a 1.6 ltr with a 4 spd, and has 190k on it.

So far in the plans will be a weber conversion, and a sprucing up of the interior.

Apparently it was rust proofed when new and it's history shows it to be a California car originally . I spotted it on CL in Wisconsin , and a buddy of mine who lives about an hr away scoped it out and made the buy for me. I don't actually have my paws on it yet , but he is visiting here in 2 weeks so hes driving it here for me to boot."good to have great friends hehe!" I have some pics , but not sure how to go about posting them yet. Might look into swapping in a 5 spd or perhaps a motor tranny combo down the line... any suggestions? Can't wait to see it in person:grin:

Jeremy.S

Hey,

I was just taking the previous owners word on the 1.6L part. That would have been the EA-71 right? My friend said a light came on that read emissions when he got over 60mph, is that by chance a symptom of that feedback carb? Light went off as soon as he got off the highway.