Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What's up with 1stSubaru.com's website?

1stSubaru.com's parts catalog list is not very extensive at all.

When I select Year/Make/Model then click Engine/Transaxle catergory, it expands a subcatergory called Engine Parts with only three items listed; Filler Tube, Tube, and Valve Cover.

I'm viewing in IE at work and it appears the same on FF at home.

When I called 1st Subaru the other day to get a quote for parts he said that didn't sound right and his browser is displaying a lot more than what I'm seeing.

I find it odd however that both my browser at work and the one at home show the same 'short list' of items.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Screen shot attached

post-15574-136027644287_thumb.jpg

Edited by 211

Works fine for me.

If you click the + next to any of the other categories do they expand?

Java is finicky sometimes, maybe you need to upgrade to the latest version? Or maybe the last upgrade caused it and you need to downgrade. :lol:

If I lick + the other catergories expand showing only one or two sub catergories, and very limited lists under that (about the same as what's shown in the screenshot).

I would believe java might be a version or more behind at work but at home I keep everything up to date. FF and IE both display the same limited info.

Oh well I can always just call; thats a safer method anyway.

If you're talking about 1stSubaruparts.com, I never use the website. It inconvenient, doggy slow, and often doesn't home in on the correct part. I still get the same discounted price by calling Jason in Parts at 866-528-5282 and get much quicker, more precise, and better service. Toll free too.

It's because they're using partswebsite.com, which as far as I can tell used to be 'trademotion'. Trademotion was always buggy, hard to find parts, and the parts diagrams were very misleading in many cases. Most Subaru and many other dealers selling parts online are using them though.