Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a major bone to pick guys. I replaced my ECM on my previous ATF Light Flashing and it recently came back.. I got tired of trying to fix it, So i took it back to the SUBARU DEALER.

My question is they charged me 300.00 to diagnois the problem but could not find the problem.They wanted me to bring them the LINE PRESSURE, AND 2-4 BRAKE DUTY SOLENOID FROM MY OLD TRANSMISSION. Which both was between 2-4 ohms

By law and RULE and REGULATION if they can't find out what wrong with it. I SHOULD NoT BE CHARGE FOR THAT LABOR????? Even if it's been in there for about a week now.

Edited by 2000impreza

I have a major bone to pick guys. I replaced my ECM on my previous ATF Light Flashing and it recently came back.. I got tired of trying to fix it, So i took it back to the SUBARU DEALER.

My question is they charged me 300.00 to diagnois the problem but could not find the problem.They wanted me to bring them the LINE PRESSURE, AND 2-4 BRAKE DUTY SOLENOID FROM MY OLD TRANSMISSION. Which both was between 2-4 ohms

By law and RULE and REGULATION if they can't find out what wrong with it. I SHOULD NoT BE CHARGE FOR THAT LABOR????? Even if it's been in there for about a week now.

they can charge a fee to diagnose the problem. they SHOULD have been very clear about that up front.

but i'd be willing to bet when you dropped off the car that they had you sign something agreeing that you would recieve a written estimate before any repairs are done. most shops do to reassure the customer.

if they spend time and money / parts "trying" to fix it and are unsuccessful then that is a different issue. complain to the manage and if necessary go to the better business bureau. some dealers may not care but most want a good reputation.

i had a 2 week old computer from best buy that failed, hard drive i think. they said it would have to be shipped back the company to be fixed. this conversation was, our 3rd trip to best buy, son, wife and now me, this conversation was taking place at the front door of the store and was overheard by all of the other customers entering. as they invited me to "move" over to the service desk i stood my ground, took out my phone and announced i was calling the BBB, i was out the door with a new, better computer in 20 minutes.

don't get angry but be firm. losing your temper will not help.

I didn't have to sign anything... This exactly how it was when i went to dealer.

1.) 50 to diagnois

2.) Called me back two day later and said it will cost me 300.00 to diagnois the problem. I ask him what is wrong. He stated that there is a wire problem between Trans harness to resistor.

3.) They came back and said i have no resistance in the 2-4 brake duty. So they asked for the line pressure and 2-4 brake duty from my original trans. Which both is still good. 3.4 ohms

4.) I notice they had pulled my trans pan off and left the my subaru outside with no trans pan on. His face just dropped when i said my trans could be damage by " FOD "

So there was no agreement said or sign. If they are still trying to charge me. You stated I should speak to the General manager of that place. And then contact BBB.

That's the dealer and Subaru corporate has no control over what they charge for their services. Unfortunately that's the way it is and if you have any complaints it will have to be taken up with the dealership's service department or management. The most SOA can do is sympathize with your complaint and possibly call the dealer on your behalf.

GD

Left it outside with no trans pan? So basically they left it undriveable so you couldn't take it back without paying them.

They shouldn't need old parts. The problem is still present with new parts, so they should be able to diagnose what is there and find a problem. They can do their own line pressure tests, and check this or that solenoid.

They can't charge you more for diagnosis without your permission first. If you agreed to $50 that's all they can charge you.

If you didn't sign anything authorizing them to work on the car, you owe them the $50 which was originally agreed upon to diagnose the problem, they give you back your keys and car in the same condition in which it was brought to them. They don't do it, you call the State Police. They can't legally keep your keys or vehicle.

Problem is, it sounds like you agreed to the $300 charge to diagnose. They have to find the problem, and do it for $300 since that's what was agreed upon. If they find the problem, you pay for parts and labor and ask them to reduce the diagnosis charge back to the original $50 that was agreed to. They don't do that then you get the BBB into it.