Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pics as promised...

Here is my 1984 Subaru DL, home in my driveway. 154k miles, Hillsboro Car its whole life. Bought in 1984 in Cornellius OR. Sold to another man in Aloha Oregon, and is now in my driveway in Hillsboro/Aloha Oregon. :banana:

OUTSIDE

DSC_0243.jpg

DAMAGE TO BUMPER

DSC_0242.jpg

ENGINE

DSC_0239.jpg

TRUNK - Has my first tool box (with jumper cables, timing light and tool set) and chains.

DSC_0244.jpg

OUTSIDE (left side)

DSC_0238.jpg

Stuff that NEEDS to be done

Passenger wheel bearing

Driver axle & boot

Tires

Alternator

Air Filter

Oil Change

Spark plugs / wires

Future plans:

Different stereo, probably a digital one with cd/ipod

New speakers

Possibly different seats (undecided)

Weber carb

Basically itll look stock-ish, but will be a clean stock look :) *besides the stereo as they didnt have iPod hookup in '84* :lol:

If memory serves you may need to put a dent in the PS res. to make everything work and it will also depend on which PS setup you have.. Mine would be a pita. I will only say that for now everything on and in my sedan will remain stock or appear stock save the radio.

If memory serves you may need to put a dent in the PS res. to make everything work and it will also depend on which PS setup you have.. Mine would be a pita.

That does not apply to EA81's and in any case it's not a PITA - it's very simple actually. I've done quite a few EA82 Weber's with PS and it's the sum total of one extra step to peen a dent in the PS reservior and throw some black paint on it. Nothing to it.

GD

Ok so I remembered incorrectly a post you had put up. I must only be a few steps behind turbone with the freaking old timers disease.

Rugby, You can do whatever you want with your console I was talking about my own sorry for the misunderstanding. My console is in really good shape so I refuse to mod it further unless I find one in better shape.

Congrats on that older roo, looks like it is a keeper. Doesn't seem to be too abused but like most them this age they seem to get neglected.

You got the right idea about doing it yourself and making a great form of cheap transportation...

looks to be needing some minor attention to open/not connected hose openings, also the heat flex hose from the air filter down to the exhaust connection to help warm the incoming air (colder weather is coming) also it looks like the idle/air mix pin has been removed... if that is so then someone messed with the air/fuel mix and that should possibly be checked for right setting... General Disorder is the guy who can help you if that is the case. Both of my EA-81'S are still running original carbs... mainly because no one has messed with them and when I did it was by a write up by G.D. and ran even better after some emission items were removed which I can get away with on the East side of the state (no emission testing).

Possibly fix some of those vent openings, assure carb setting and maybe it will get you by so you can put some of that $ into a new front Windshield as that appears to be needing some attention.

Just as a heads up and you probably know this but there are two hoses that feed coolant on each side of the carb...as is the one on top of the water pump, those are usually overlooked and hiding usually forgotten and in bad shape...

again, congrats on the car.

Edited by Indrid cold

As it just so happens, Rick (GeneralDisorder) is working on my car with me.

I will make sure we look at this list and check things off as we do them, as I do want this to be a car that although nearly 27 years old, still runs, drives and looks like a champ.

Yup, spare spark plug wire, it perplexed Jacob and I for a few moments :rolleyes: but hey, cant be too careful.