Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What subaru will get the best mileage

• 2 months later...

Main reason I never quite understood the Justy is a car that size should be getting 40 to 50 plus to the gallon if they did I would own one!!! Lots of folks seem to forget the the Chevy Sprint from the eighties actually a suzuki came off the show room floor sporting 56 to 58 miles to gallon and it was no joke. I drove a 86 sprint on a 8000 mile thirty day tour with Phil Lesh and Bob Dylan i think it was 1999? Car had 150,000 plus miles and still got every bit of 55 miles to the gallon!!! I was filling up on like 8 or 9 dollars and going 3 to 4 hundered mile a tank!!! Drove that car straight through from Ithica NY to Little Rock Ark and it dropped a timing belt a mile form my house and I walked home! LOL Would of had the car fixed but I had way other things going on. ANYWAY the high priced not really high mpg cars they are trying to sell us these day is really a JOKE Peace out

And it's upgradeable to "infinite MPG" with the "Peterbilt in your back seat!" option package.

Death trap collectors item. Never seen one on the (public) roads.

Totally not even a choice at this point - can't get any parts for them so you can't actually own and drive one. They are museum peices.

GD

Hmm, really? Your opinion again does not represent reality Rick. There is a few in Portland and he would gladly give you a ride to change your opinion.