Ultimate Subaru Message Board

NEW 82 Brat Pictures

SWEET!

Thanks for the re-motivation to get mine back up and road worthy. It will be a While before mine looks as Sharp as that! Well Done!

Thank you so much!

Ive had mine for about 2 months and when I got it it had no interior, the seats wernt in the back but Ive been working on it and its my daily driver and the only thing wrong is that it runs hot sometimes but thats it.

Im redoing the interior(will post pics when I feel that its worth showing off)

Im also getting ready for the ej22 swap and 5-speed trans when I can find them.

SJ

oh man, i didnt realize yours is a turbo. it may be easier than i thought to put my turbo in there.

RV

I think it might of had one in its earlier years but there isnt one in there anymore....I dont know if its worth it,im getting ready for the ej22 swap and 5-speed trans

SJ

ej that beezy fosho:banana:

RV

haha yeah!

but Im still confused and kind of scared on the swap beacuse this is my daily driver and if something goes wrong then Ill have to have my mom drive me to school and work...

I think this next weekend im going to pull-a-part to find a ej22 and 5-speed trans, so wish me luck

SJ

While you're looking for the 5 Spd D/R, you might keep your eyes open for the rear disks off of a Turbo 4WD Loyale Wagon. Get the rotor, caliper, Backing plate and Proportioning valves off the Turbo 4wd Loyale and they will pretty mcuh bolt up to the Brat you've got.

I've had mine for 6 and it still doesn't look that good. :D

SO where are are you at geographically?

Thank you so much!

Ive had mine for about 2 months and when I got it it had no interior, the seats wernt in the back but Ive been working on it and its my daily driver and the only thing wrong is that it runs hot sometimes but thats it.

Im redoing the interior(will post pics when I feel that its worth showing off)

Im also getting ready for the ej22 swap and 5-speed trans when I can find them.

SJ

While you're looking for the 5 Spd D/R, you might keep your eyes open for the rear disks off of a Turbo 4WD Loyale Wagon. Get the rotor, caliper, Backing plate and Proportioning valves off the Turbo 4wd Loyale and they will pretty mcuh bolt up to the Brat you've got.

I've had mine for 6 and it still doesn't look that good. :D

SO where are are you at geographically?

ok thank you

im located in norman,ok why?

Nice to see another Okie BRAT, especially looking so nice.

Last I was at the PaP a few weeks ago, all they had was one Loyale and another Legacy, pretty slim pickings. But for a dollar it might be at least worth a look. You might have some trouble sourcing parts locally, but it is worth the search to get to drive a BRAT every day.